CORPORATION OF JAPAN DENTAL HYGIENISTS' ASSOCIATION
2-11-19 Okubo, Shinjuku-ku, TOKYO, JAPAN
JAPAN DENTAL HYGIENISTS' ASSOCIATION
JDHA is an organization representing the dental hygienist profession in Japan．
- It aims to deepen public understanding and regard for the profession and to improve the skills of dental hygienists.
- Among its major activities, the Japan society of dental hygiene was established in 2006, and holds academic conferences once a year to provide the public with relevant information. And the approval dental hygienist' system of JDHA started in 2008, to improve the dental hygienists' works.
- The 47 prefectural associations are endeavoring to meet the needs of their respective local member, and holds seminars of many categories.
THE DENTAL HYGIENIST PROFESSION IN JAPAN
Dental hygienists in Japan are certified by the Ministry of Health And Welfare in Japan.
Their work involves:
- Providing individual and group instruction in proper dental care as a QOL(quality of life) enhancement measure;
- Preventing cavities and gum diseases; and,
- Assisting dentists in clinical treatment.
AN EXPANDING WORKPLACE
The following graph represents the types of workplace in which dental hygienists are active today.
- Dental hygienists work mostly in clinics, and in hospitals and Public/private health centers in that order.
- Since the implementation of the Community Health Law in April 1997, a growing number of hygienists have also been placed in municipal health centers and facilities for the elderly across the country.
- As Japan has entered an era low birthrate and graying of society,"lifelong dental health maintenance" is becoming an immediate concern among many in their pursuit of a better quality of life.
- The national nursing care insurance system adopted in April 2000 is further increasing the demand and expectations on dental hygienists.
CONSTITUTION OF DENTAL HYGIENISTS
We hereby establish the Constitution of Dental Hygienists to firmly realize the importance of the profession and its social mission, and at the same time to put them into practice.
- We shall contribute to the society with pride and responsibility as public dental hygiene professional group.
- We shall always make every effort to understand the situation of the regional public, and to make achievements with sincerity.
- We shall always try our best to improve our character, knowledge and technique as a professional group.
- We shall abide by the laws and ordinances concerned, and contribute to the development of dental health services.
- We shall always try our best to promote mutual harmony and unity for the development of dental hygienist services.
※ This constitution was established in 1981, to commemorate the founding 30th of JDHA.